Happy hump day, friends! Today, I’m linking up with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer for What’s Up Wednesday.
- What I’m eating:
Last week I received my first box from HelloFresh. I ordered: chicken cheddar fajitas, sliced steak tagliata, and orange and cashew chicken stir-fry. Let’s just say I am obsessed. I could write an entire post about my HelloFresh experience. If you would like to give it a try, use my promo code KCHEN2 for $40 off your first box. Thank me later.
- What I’m reminiscing about:
We went to Florida earlier this month, and it feels like months ago. I’m ready for another vacation!
- What I’m loving: Last week I bought a new Fossil wallet and tote. I love the tote because it has multiple compartments, and don’t you just hate when everything is just swirling around in one big bag? This was my first Fossil bag, and I’m a fan.
- What I’ve been up to: Well, I got a dog! His name is Sunny, and he’s a Chihuahua/dachshund mix. I adopted him from the Humane Society, and he is the best behaved dog I could have asked for. I’m thinking he deserves a whole post about him.
- What I’m dreading: Nothing, life is pretty good. 🙂
- What I’m working on: Aside from my day job, I started grad school two weeks ago. I’m just taking one class this semester, but I’m enjoying it so far.
- What I’m excited about: I recently bought this duster cardigan (now 50% off) and this wool coat (now 45% off), and I’m excited for them to arrive. I love coming home to packages, haha.
- What I’m watching/reading: Since Kevin came home over a month ago, we have not touched our Netflix. We did go see The Greatest Showman earlier this month, and it was really good. As far as reading, this month I read Bread and Wine and A Stranger in the House (book review to come!).
- What I’m listening to: I typically listen to podcasts at work. Lately I’ve been listening to Beautiful Stories From Anonymous People. I highly recommend — sometimes it’s lighthearted, sometimes it’s serious, but it’s always good.
- What I’m wearing: These fuchsia suede heels. They add a pop of color for work or pair them with a black jumpsuit for a night on the town.
- What I’m doing this weekend: Kevin and I are going to a friend’s to watch the Super Bowl.
- What I’m looking forward to next month: Valentine’s Day. Do you have any cute, simple ideas for coworkers?
- What else is new: Unfortunately, my grandma passed away earlier this week. Even though we knew it was coming, it’s still hard. But she’s no longer in pain or suffering, and her and my grandpa are reunited.
Happy Wednesday, friends. I’m thankful for each one of you who takes the time to read my blog. Hug your family and friends a little tighter today — I know I will be.