Happy hump day, friends! Today, I’m linking up with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer for What’s Up Wednesday.
- What I’m eating:
Monday — grilled chicken & sausage gumbo
Tuesday — BBQ pork spring rolls + egg noodles with BBQ pork and shrimp wontons
Wednesday — sausage & pepperoni pizza
Thursday — Cajun chicken pasta
Friday — linguini pasta with mozzarella, mushrooms, and summer squash
Saturday — hot dog (I was at a football game.)
Sunday — turkey + broccoli & mushrooms
- What I’m reminiscing about:This was me and Kevin last year at the Thanksgiving parade. Looking at old pictures make me reminisce and so excited for another year of holiday festivities.
- What I’m loving: I recently bought the Bobbi Brown bronzing gel — it’s a liquid bronzer with the added benefit of SPF 15. I was a little apprehensive at first because of how dark the color was when I first squeezed it out, but the more I rubbed it in, the less intense it looked. I apply it all over my face after I put on my foundation (I use Warm Sand), and I love the glow that it adds to my face.
- What we’ve been up to: Kevin’s home this week for Thanksgiving, so we’re enjoying the extra time together.
- What I’m dreading: Is it too early to say that I’m dreading Christmas being over? I love this time of year, and I feel like it’s over in the blink of an eye. Also, did I mention the next paid holiday off after Christmas is in May?
- What I’m working on: Aside from my day job, I’m trying to allocate more time to work on this blog.
- What I’m excited about: My best friend, Rachel, and her family had their grand opening of Toasted Coffee House on Monday. I remember her telling me about it when it was just an idea, and now it’s come to fruition. I’m so excited for her and this new adventure. If you’re ever in the Jefferson County area, pop in and treat yourself.
- What I’m watching/reading: Since we breezed through Stranger Things earlier this month, I’m currently watching Riverdale with Kevin. I’m also watching lots of Christmas movies. As for reading, I only read one book this month — The Breakdown. I highly recommend along with her other book, Behind Closed Doors.
- What I’m listening to: Taylor Swift’s album, Red.
- What I’m wearing: I’ve been wearing my gray faux fur vest that actually provides warmth and style. I got mine last year at Target, and unfortunately, they don’t have mine anymore. However, they have this one which I love too.
- What I’m doing this weekend: I love long weekends. Kevin and I are going to the annual Thanksgiving Day parade tomorrow and then celebrating with our families. Kevin works Friday and Saturday, but we plan on squeezing in some festive fun.
- What I’m looking forward to next month: Christmas!
- What else is new: For the last year and a half, Kevin has been living two hours away for school, but he is transferring. He’ll be home for good in a few weeks, and I’m so excited.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends! I’m thankful for each one of you who takes the time to read my blog. Hope you enjoy tomorrow with family, friends, food, and fun. What’s been up with you this month? What are your plans for the long weekend?